Do you love outdoor activity but cannot go out because of some physical limitation? If yes, then an off road mobility scooter can be the best solution for you. It can offer you the freedom you need to move outdoor. This scooter is flexible, easy to use, and reduces the limitation you have about the movement.
However, to get all the benefits, you must need the best mobility scooter for off road. When you have the best one, you can get your freedom and all other benefits and enjoy the freedom of physical limitation. So make sure you have chosen the one with the best quality and best features.
Mobility Scooter Benefits
A mobility scooter has a lot of benefits if you can get the best one. Among those many benefits, here are a few main benefits that you should know.
- The mobility scooter offers the speed that you have lost due to any physical problem.
- It does not need any license to ride on the road or others, meaning that you can ride it without issuing any license.
- This scooter is allowed in all public transport, meaning that you can take it anywhere you go easily.
- It makes life easier by increasing accessibility in all the places where you cannot go because of your limitation.
- The scooter offers maximum comfort to the user so that anyone can comfortably go to any places and enjoy freedom.
But these benefits vary from type to type. Do you want to know the different types of mobility scooters, then you should check out our guide on mobility scooters types.
Table of content+
Do you want to get an idea about what we have discussed below? Then you can check out our table of content.
Do you want to make a better decision by comparing all the scooters at once? If yes, then check out our comparison chart below.
Ewheels Ew-36 Elite Recreational Electric Mobility Scooter for Adults with Electromagnetic Brakes Red
Pride Mobility S74 Go-Go Sport 4-Wheel Electric Mobility Scooter For Adults
Pride Mobility Go-Go LX with CTS Suspension 3-Wheel Portable Travel Scooter for Adults S50LX, 12AH Battery Pack,
Drive Medical SFSCOUT4-EXT Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter, 4 Wheel, Extended Battery
Drive Medical Scout 4 Travel Power Mobility Scooter with 5 Year Extended Warranty
Best Mobility Scooter For Off Road of 2020
You get it that it is important to have the best off road mobility scooter to enjoy the off track riding. But it is difficult to find the best one since the market does not have enough good scooter. That is why we have come to help you by gathering some top-class mobility scooter for you with all their features and benefits.
1. Ewheels Ew-36 Elite Recreational Electric Mobility Scooter for Adults
The Ewheels Recreational Electric Mobility Scooter is one of the most useful mobility scooters for off track riding in the market right now. It comes with a 500 Watt brushless electric motor that can generate up to 18mph speed having a weight capacity of 350 lbs. That means even if you have a huge body, it can give you the maximum speed you need.
It features a 48V 20Ah battery that can give you a maximum of 45 miles riding range on a single charge. As a result, you can go for a long drive off track easily. These features make it an excellent electric off road scooter for adults. Its deluxe cushioned reclining captain’s seat along with flip-up armrest so that you get the maximum comfort.
This mobility scooter features electromagnetic front and rear brakes with a rear shock absorber that enables you to stop the scooter anywhere you want and gives you maximum control and stability. Its anti-tipper wheels provide enough safety to you. You will get the lighting system, keychain remote, and intuitive twist-throttle control provide you more convenience.
Main Key Features:
- The scooter comes with a powerful brushless motor that can deliver you up to 18 mph speed.
- A 48V 20Ah battery gives you a maximum of 45 miles riding range on a single charge
- You will get a deluxe cushioned reclining captain’s seat along with flip-up armrest for maximum comfort.
- Its front and rear brakes with shock absorber ensures best stability and control on riding
- Anti- tipper wheels provide you with enough safety and stable off track riding.
2. Pride Mobility S74 Go-Go Sport 4-Wheel Electric Mobility Scooter For Adults
The Pride Mobility 4-Wheel Electric Mobility Scooter is another good and versatile scooter with lots of useful features. It features a motor that can generate up to 4.7 mph top speed along with the capacity of 325 lbs, which is good enough for off track riding. Its 18 Ah long-lasting battery provides you up to 14.5 miles operating range on a single charge. As a result, you can go long away at a good speed.
This adult electric off road scootercomes with a comfortable seat with adjustable delta tiller and armrests. As a result, you will have maximum comfort and can keep your hand comfortable all the time. You will get a LED light with an onboard and off-board charging system that will allow you to ride off track at night.
It is easy to carry because you can disassemble it into 5 small pieces and reassemble it easily. With its 4 large wheels with 9” black non-scuffing tires ensure smooth riding on off road riding and offer maximum control. Also, these tires do not leave any marks on your floor or other paved roads.
Main Key Features:
- The scooter comes with a powerful motor that can deliver you up to 4.7 mph speed.
- An 18 Ah long-lasting battery gives you a maximum of 14.5 miles operating range on a single charge
- You will get a comfortable seat with adjustable delta tiller and armrests for maximum comfort.
- It is easy to carry because you can disassemble it into 5 small pieces and reassemble it easily
- 4 large wheels black non-scuffing tires ensure smooth off track riding and offer maximum control
3. Pride Mobility Go-Go LX with CTS Suspension 3-Wheel Portable Travel Scooter
Another excellent off track mobility scooter by Challenger Mobility that offers you a lot of useful features to reduce your physical limitations. It features a weight capacity of 300 lbs. with 4.4 mph top speed so that you get the smoothest ride. You will have a 12 Ah batteries that will provide you up to 8 miles operating range so that you can go far away with a single charge.
This scooter has a comfortable seat and offers the smoothest suspension so that you can get a comfortable ride. It will help you get relief from constant pain or back pain as well. With these features, it is considered as the best mobility scooter for outdoors. A LED light is there so that you can ride at night without any hassle.
It features shock-absorbing front and rear suspension that provide the best control and smooth drive. For a smoother ride, it has three large wheels with solid black, non-scuffing tires so that it does not leave any mark, and you get a perfect ride on an off track. You can take it anywhere as well since it can be disassembled into 5 lightweight pieces.
Main Key Features:
- The scooter comes with a powerful motor that can deliver you 4.4 mph top speed.
- 12 Ah batteries give you a maximum of 8 miles operating range on a single charge
- You will get a comfortable seat and smoothest suspension for a maximum comfortable ride.
- Its shock-absorbing front and rear suspension provide the best control and smooth drive.
- Three large wheels with solid black, non-scuffing tires provide you with stable off-track riding.
4. Drive Medical SFSCOUT4-EXT Scout Compact Travel Power Scooter
The Drive Medical Compact mobility scooter is one of the top class off road mobility scooters you will find in the market right now. It comes with 4.25 mph maximum speed limit with 6 degrees climbing angle. As a result, you will get comfortable riding in off track. Its maximum range 15 miles on a single charge with its 12AH or 20AH batteries, meaning that you can have a long ride for sure.
This scooter has a height-adjustable seat with fold-down backrest and adjustable padded armrests. Also, you will have ergonomic throttle control along with easy freewheel operation, adjustable delta tiller, and large plastic carry basket. As a result, you will surely get a smoother off track ride with the highest comfort.
Its non-marking, flat-free tires with anti-tip wheels offer the control you need for off track riding. Also, its color-through color panels leave no scuffs and scratches. You can disassemble it into 5 lightweight pieces for easy portability. With all these features, it is considered as the best mobility scooter for off road.
Main Key Features:
- The scooter comes with 4.25 mph maximum speed limit with 6 degrees climbing angle
- 12AH or 20AH batteries gives you a maximum of 15 miles range on a single charge
- You will get a height-adjustable seat with fold-down backrest and adjustable padded armrests for maximum comfort.
- Its non-marking, flat-free tires with anti-tip wheels offer the control you need for off track driving
- You can disassemble it into 5 lightweight pieces for easy portability
5. Drive Medical Scout 4 Travel Power Mobility Scooter
Up next is the Drive medical scout compact travel power scooter with all the useful features you need for off track driving. It offers you a maximum of 4.25 mph with 6 degrees angle climbing capacity and 300 lbs weight capacity. Its 12 AH battery provides you with 9 Mile range with a single charge. That means you will have a good range and smooth riding.
This scooter features a comfortable seat and an ergonomic throttle control along with easy freewheel operation. As a result, you get a comfortable sitting and smooth riding. You can easily disassemble it into 5 lightweights, small pieces that make it portable.
Its four sturdy large anti-tip wheels with flat-free, non-marking tires allow you to ride and take control over the ride on rough terrain. Also, you will get color-through panels that will hide scuffs as well as scratches so that you leave no mark on the floor or road. So overall, the mobility scooter is a scooter that is worthy of consideration while buying this for off road.
Main Key Features:
- The scooter comes with a maximum of 4.25 mph with 6 degrees angle climbing capacity
- A 12 AH battery provides you with 9 Mile range with a single charge for a long ride
- You will get a comfortable seat and an ergonomic throttle control along with easy freewheel operation for maximum comfort.
- Its disassembling capacity into 5 pieces make it easier for you to carry
- Anti- tipper wheels with flat-free, non-marking tires provide you with enough safety and stable off track riding.
What To Consider Before Buying A Mobility Scooter For Off Road
Now you have got the list of some top-class off road mobility scooters with all their features and benefits. But how can you find the best mobility scooter for off road that will be suitable for you? Well, you can get that by following the tip we are going to give you below.
The first thing you need to check the maximum speed the scooter is offering to you. It is important because you do not want to ride like a turtle on the off track, right? You need to have the fast speed to enjoy the off road riding. A 2 mph speed cannot provide you the fun you need on off track for sure. So make sure you have got the one with the highest speed.
Maximum operating range
Since you will go off-road to enjoy your ride, it is important you can ride for a long time. To get that, you must purchase a scooter with a good operating range. It tells you how far you can go with a single charge. The higher the operating range it offers, the better it is. You should consider it while thinking of buying a scooter.
You are purchasing the mobility scooter because you want freedom, you want comfort. So check out the features that will ensure you the comfort you are looking for. Check the seat, whether it is comfortable or not, look for the armrest whether it is padded or not, and other features that will ensure comfort. Remember, no matter how good your speed and operating range are, if it is not comfortable, you cannot enjoy the ride.
Wheels and tires
Wheels and tires are also important to consider when it comes to buying an off-road mobility scooter. These are the things that determine how good your riding will be and how much control you will have on off track. Also, check out whether it leaves any mark or not. Look for the brakes and suspension as well since these two will help you get better control and smooth riding on off track.
Besides, make sure your scooter is portable because you want to take it wherever you go to enjoy the off road riding. Some scooters come with disassembling capacity where you can disassemble it into few small, lightweight pieces so that you can easily carry it wherever you go. You should check the construction as well because it impacts the portability too.
These are the things you should consider to choose the best off road mobility scooter. But if you want to purchase a versatile mobility scooter for both on-road and off-road, then you should check out our guide on mobility scooter buying guide.
Why Should You Buy A Mobility Scooter For Off-road
The off-road mobility scooter reduces the physical limitation of the physically disabled people. Other than that, it has a lot of benefits why you should buy it. Here are a few reasons.
- It offers the freedom to ride off-road that any physically disable people are looking for.
- You can enjoy the sunshine on a beach, enjoy the morning in the garden or park, enjoy the current of the river with this off-road mobility scooter
- This off-road mobility scooter prevents injuries because it is designed to run on off-road, so physically disabled people will remain safe
- It is extremely easy to operate since it is made for the people who have limitation walking or moving
- This scooter offers the flexibility of doing many things such as driving like running, smoothly riding like walking, and others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have any questions? If yes, then you should check out our frequently asked questions by users below.
Are mobility scooters road legal?
Yes, it is legal on the road. However, there some conditions such as speed limit and others you should follow, and it varies from country to country.
Can mobility scooters go on gravel?
Yes, a mobility scooter can go on gravel. But the scooter has to have four wheels and heavy-duty to handle the pressure.
Can mobility scooters go up hills?
The answer is yes. But the scooter has to be specially designed for hill riding. The general scooters might not be able to climb vertical hills.
Can mobility scooters go on sand?
Yes, some scooter is capable of going on the sand.
Do you need to insurance a mobility scooter?
You do not need to insurance a mobility scooter at all.
Finding the best mobility scooter for off road is really important if you want to get freedom and control on riding. When you have the best one, you can ride smoothly and comfortably on off-road, get maximum control while riding and enjoy the higher speed with a long operating range. That is why we have reviewed some of the top class off-road mobility scooters with their features and benefits so that you can pick the right one for you. All of them are good and provide maximum value to the customers. However, if you ask for my suggestion, I will tell you to go to the Drive Medical Compact mobility scooter. It offers you a good speed with excellent operating range, better control on off-road, and maximum comfort. So without any further due, place an order right now.